My Time My Turn FAQs
Where do I take the course?
- Online from your computer or tablet at MyTimeMyTurn.com.You have lifetime access to the training, so you can go through the materials each week as they’re released in the student portal, or you can slow things down and work at your own pace.
How much time will it take to work through the course?
- If you plan to work through the live program in real time, we recommend between 4-6 hours per week to watch the training, complete your assignments and — if you’d like — engage with our mentors and the community.
You also have the flexibility to go through the program as best you can; pausing and returning to it as your schedule allows.
- This experience is designed to stretch you, but if you’re not able to commit much time initially, you don’t have to worry, because you will have lifetime access to the training and can easily work at your own pace, on your own schedule. The more focus and dedication you put into My Time My Turn, the more you’ll get out of it.
Other factors that affect how much time you’ll need to complete the program include:
- Where you are in writing your book and the time it will personally take you to complete it.
- Your comfort level with basic technology
- Whether or not you participate in the comments and conversations in our Facebook community (recommended, but optional)
- Whether or not you choose to complete every piece of coursework
To be clear, there are no fast or guaranteed results. Getting to where you want to be as an author is a journey, not a sprint. This program it’s intense, time consuming, demanding and something you’ll continue to work on beyond the eight weeks of the course.
What will I learn?
- You’ve seen the outline of the core curriculum, which includes several other subtopics and bonus modules, however, the power and beauty of My Time My Turn is not a set of secret formulas. All the information you could ever need to enter into the publishing industry is available for free online, right now, but if you’re not aware of what you need to know and apply to your journey, all the free information in the world doesn’t help.
- My Time My Turn is action oriented and intense. It’s not about access to secret information. It’s about doing the work, and being challenged to grow into your full potential. The real value is in the skills and capabilities you’ll develop, the risks you’ll take and the relationships you’ll build. In our humble opinion, the author you’ll become as a result of completing the program is priceless.
When does the next session begin.
- The initial wave begins April 30, 2018. The following session will be announced after that date.
Who is not a good fit for the program?
- If you are looking for one-on-one coaching, this is not the right program for you
- If you are looking to market and sell your book to others in the program, this is not the right program for you, as the overall environment is pitch-free.
- If you consider yourself to be pretty savvy in the publishing industry already, this program is not for you.
- This program is not for you if you hope to learn by osmosis rather than taking action and doing the work. This program is for action takers.
- This is not the program for you if your expectation is to do a few modules and instantly become a best seller. Please understand that hard work is required to achieve that goal, and hard work takes time and consistent effort.
How much is it?
- The tuition for My Time My Turn is $1,597 if you make a 1-time payment. Payment plans are available to better fit your budget.
Do you offer a refund?
Yes. Here’s how it works.
- Participate in up to the first two weeks of My Time My Turn from the start of the program. If you no longer feel that the program is right for you, send us an email.
- You will be asked to submit your fully completed coursework to make sure you made an honest attempt at the program, along with your feedback of what didn’t go so well for you. Once this is received, you will receive a prompt refund.
- No refunds are given after the first two weeks of the course start date, so make sure you pay attention to the dates. Because there is a deadline, you are encouraged to get started in the program right away.
- If you don’t plan on starting right away, make sure this is the right investment for you. If after digging in for two weeks, you feel that you’ve not gotten value, just submit your completed assignments and feedback and get a full and complete refund.
How can I pay?
- We accept credit/debit cards and PayPal, however we do not accept checks or invoices.
Will I have additional support?
- You will be included in a private Facebook Group where you can interact and build relationships with other aspiring authors, as well share ideas, get feedback and share your successes, great or small with the community there.
- Additionally there are biweekly live calls with Kimberly every other weekend where you can ask your toughest questions and get guidance to move you ahead.
Will you speak to or get feedback directly from Kimberly?
- The program provides a group learning experience so getting guidance and support is never more than a few minutes away. Kimberly is active in the group comments, however cannot guarantee individual feedback for every participant.
Do I get a certificate of completion?
- No. My Time My Turn is intentionally unaccredited and informal. If you must have certificate of completion, badge or official course credits, this program is not for you.